When it comes to washing machines, there are a ton of options to choose from. There are top loading washing machines, front loading washers, semi-automatics, and fully automatics. However, there is another format of washing machine that consumers tend to leave out of their purchase, the portable washing machine. These are highly effective appliances if you have the use for them. If you do not have the use for them, they will be rather ineffective and useless, but if you are a frequent traveler or just stay alone, you should totally invest in one. So, how does a portable washing machine work and is it different from its counterparts? Let’s take a look.
Washing and cleaning your clothes is not an easy task. It is time-consuming, takes a lot of effort, and a subpar washing machine might not even prove that effective. That, added on to the fact that best washing machines can be really expensive, and pretty massive, the whole purchase cycle is just quite the pain.
What is a Portable Washing Machine?
Now, you might be familiar with the semi-automatic and the automatic washing machine, but there is another form of the same appliance that is much smaller than the conventional type. The portable washing machine is effectively similar to the regular kind, but a lot smaller, and well obviously, portable.
How Does a Portable Washing Machine Work?
The function of a portable washer is similar to a more conventional washing machine, however, it takes a lot less electricity, a lot less water, but can wash only a handful of clothes at a time. Some models even come with a dryer function for ease of use.
Using portable washing machine is fairly simple, much alike a conventional one. If you have used a top-loader, making use of a portable washing machine would prove similar. To use simply:
- Plug your washing machine into an electrical outlet.
- Add water to the container depending on how big the load is.
- Add the clothes you wish to wash. If they are heavier clothes, like jeans and jackets, make sure you add only a couple or a maximum of three to avoid overcrowding. If they are lighter clothes like t-shirts and innerwear, you can easily add a few and wash them in a single cycle.
- Once washed and rinsed, if your portable washer has a drying function, you can start the spin cycle to remove the excess water.
That simple! The portability and the functionality of a portable washing machine make doing your laundry incredibly simple and straightforward.
Benefits & Drawbacks of Portable Washing Machines
- Highly compact and portable. Some portable washing machines can even fold up to minimize storage space.
- Super easy to use.
- Much more affordable than conventional washing machines.
- Really convenient for people with a low amount of laundry.
- Smaller load capacity. Due to the small size, you cannot wash a lot of clothes in one go.
- Not as effective as conventional washing machines.
- Most portable washers do not come with a dryer.
Hopefully, you have understood how does a portable washing machine work. The appliance itself is one of the more underrated technologies in the market. If you have the use for it, it is a much better idea to purchase a portable washer instead of a full-sized machine that not only costs more, but also takes a lot more resources to run and function. Portable washing machines are really useful appliances, but their use is limited to a very small bunch of people. If you are living alone and have a need for a small washer, a portable washing machine might be just the thing for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Do portable washing machines use a lot of electricity?
Since portable washing machines are much smaller in size then conventional washing machines, they require much less water and electricity to make use of. They are perfect for people living alone, or can even help you during your travels and such. The best portable washing machine in India allows you to do more using a lot less electricity.
2. Are portable washing machines worth it?
Portable washing machines are obviously not as powerful as the bigger ones most homes must have. But, yes, if you live alone, or travel a lot, a portable washing machine can provide you with a lot of convenience. They work just as well, just on a smaller quantity of clothes. We have listed some of the best portable washing machine in India right above, you can take a look at their specifications and decide for yourself.
3. How do portable washing machines work?
Portable washing machines work similarly to top loading washing machines. You simply add clothes from the top end of the machine, add water, and the machine spins them around to clean and rinse them. A few models even come with a spin cycle that acts as a dryer. Portable washers are almost similar to normal washing machines, but only smaller.