Top load washing machines are really great for people who want a simple appliance that can effectively do the work it is meant for. Best Washing machines can easily last you years on end if you simply take care of them.
Maintenance is easy with washing machines and you would only need to take some basic care of them. So, if you are wondering how to clean top load washing machine, we have listed all there is to know about that and more. Here is a comprehensive maintenance guide to help you out on all things top load washing machines.
Let us check out how to properly clean a top load washing machine.
How to Clean Top Load Washing Machine
Most people don’t think about cleaning their top load washing machine, but it’s important to do on a regular basis. Not only will it prolong the life of your machine, but it will also keep your clothes looking and smelling fresh.
Cleaning a top loader is actually much easier than cleaning a front loader. There are only a few things you need to do, and it also help in cleaning clothes in a much more effective manner.
What is a Top Load Washing Machine?
A top load washing machine is a type of washer that loads from the top, as opposed to the front. Top load washing machines have a large tub that holds clothes and water, and a rotating agitator in the middle of the tub that helps to clean the clothes. These types of washing machines are typically more affordable than front loaders and are easier to use, since you don’t have to bend over to load and unload them.
However, they can be less energy-efficient and may not clean clothes as well as front load washing machines. If you’re considering a top load washing machine, be sure to compare it with other types of washers to find the best option for your needs.
How to Clean Top Load Washing Machine – Step by Step Process
Cleaning a washing machine has many overall benefits. The appliance not only runs better, but also lasts longer. Over time, your top load washing machine can become a breeding ground for mold, mildew, and other bacteria. These pests can cause serious illnesses, and they can also damage your clothing. As a result, it is important to clean your washing machine on a regular basis. The good news is that this process is relatively simple.
To clean your top load washing machine, simply follow these steps and do it once every month, depending on usage.
- Run an empty load with hot water and a cup of bleach. This will kill any mold or mildew that might be growing inside the machine.
- After the cycle is complete, wipe down the interior of the washer with a clean cloth. Be sure to pay special attention to the door seal, as this is a common area for mold to accumulate.
- Once a month, you should also descale your machine by running an empty load with two cups of white vinegar. This will help to remove any soap residue that has built up over time.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your top load washing machine clean and in good working condition.
How to Deep Clean Top Load Washing Machine – Step by Step Process
After you have run the above mentioned cycles, it is a good idea to deep clean your washing machine. It only requires a little effort and you can do it once every 3-4 months.
To deep clean your top loading washing machine –
- Wipe the exterior of the washing machine – A damp microfiber cloth is perfect to clean your washing machine as best you can. You can work with water only, but if the machine is really dirty, a mild cleaner or a spray cleaner can do the trick.
- Clean the drum – Since you have already cleaned the tub well with all the hot water and bleach options we gave you earlier, it is now time to do some light and final cleaning. Use some hot water and a microfiber cloth to rub out the interiors. Run a simple water only cycle and drain once done.
- Clean the agitator – The agitator can get really dirty if you are not cleaning your washing machine often. All the dirt from your clothes ends up sticking and clogging the agitator, slowing down wash cycles. To clean the agitator, simply get a brush and use some cleaner spray to get all the gunk stuck to it. Spray down with hot water once and spin it a few times to get all the gunk out.
Tips to keep your Washing Machine clean
As anyone who has ever dealt with a smells emanating from their washing machine knows, it is important to keep this appliance clean. Not only will this help to prevent odors, but it will also increase the lifespan of the machine and improve its performance. Fortunately, there are a few simple steps that can be taken to keep your washing machine clean.
First, make sure to wipe down the door and gasket after each use. This will remove any dirt or debris that could lead to mold growth.
Second, run an empty load with hot water and vinegar every week or so. This will help to remove any build-up that has accumulated on the interior of the machine.
Finally, be sure to leave the door open when the machine is not in use. This will allow air to circulate and help to prevent mildew from forming.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your washing machine stays clean and fresh for years to come. This will also help in keeping up with your monthly maintenance and not letting it take too much effort.
Once you’ve gathered all your supplies, it’s time to start cleaning. Begin by wiping down the outside of the machine with a damp cloth. Then, open the lid and remove any build-up of detergent or fabric softener from around the rim.
Next, fill the washing machine with hot water and add a cup of vinegar. Allow the machine to run for a few minutes before draining it. Finally, wipe down the interior of the machine, being sure to reach all the nooks and crannies. Once you’re finished, close the lid and enjoy your clean washing machine!
You will find that a well maintained washing machine lasts longer and even cleans your clothes much better.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I deep clean my top-loading washing machine?
Over time, any washing machine will start to build up dirt, grime, and other residue. If you notice that your machine isn’t cleaning clothes as well as it used to, it’s probably time for a deep clean. Fortunately, this process is relatively simple and only requires a few household supplies. Start by unplugging the machine and removing any laundry. Then, mix together equal parts white vinegar and hot water in a bowl. Next, use a sponge or cloth to apply the mixture to the inside of the washer tub, being sure to avoid any electrical components. Allow the mixture to sit for at least 30 minutes before scrubbing the tub with a brush. Finally, run the machine through a cycle with hot water to remove any lingering residue.
2. What is the best way to clean inside a washing machine?
With a little effort, it is possible to keep your washing machine clean and fresh. One of the best ways to clean inside a washing machine is to use vinegar. Simply pour a cup of vinegar into the empty washing machine and run a regular cycle. The vinegar will help to remove any build-up from the inside of the machine. In addition, you can also add vinegar to your laundry detergent to help prevent build-up in the first place. For a more thorough clean, you can also use a commercial washing machine cleaner. These cleaners are designed to remove even the toughest stains and build-up.